Disappointing Products

Sunday 10 August 2014


I love reading posts about products before I buy them. I like to see how people have found the products and a glowing review will often send me running to buy it. However, I think it is just as important to read and communicate about products that haven't worked so well or that have in some way been disappointing. These are my impressions of three products that I was disappointed with.



The Rocket Volum' Express
This Maybelline mascara is a low end cult beauty product. I purchased this mascara because of the amazing reviews it gets. I don't hate this product but I was just so disappointed with the results.  This mascara made my lashes appear thinner and sparser  than they are! While it did lengthen them it definitely didn't give them volume, which is what this mascara is supposed to be all about. I also found the wand difficult to work with. It was too big for me and I found it hard not to accidentally get mascara all over my top eyelid. Personally I would use the Falsies mascara over this one any day. 

Frost in the shade Sandy B 
My biggest problem with this MAC lipstick is the finish. It doesn't feel or look nice on the lips, which was really disappointing considering how lovely it looks in the packaging. When I first swatched this I thought it was love. I swatched a tester on my wrist and it went onto the skin creamy and evenly. I loved the colour and shimmer that this lipstick had. However, when you apply this to your lips it's a completely different story. The lipstick has the strangest texture and can only be described as grainy. It gathers in weird spots on the lips and becomes patchy and scaly. It also accentuates any fine lines you might have on your lips, which is not very flattering. My thoughts are that maybe a darker shade would work better and give a more even finish.

Control
This Aesop gel for blemish-prone skin was a product that I was really excited about trying. I had heard some great things about this gel and was really hoping it would work for me. It claims to work without stripping or dehydrating the skin, and as someone with slightly sensitive skin this sounded perfect. However, I found this product dried the skin around the spot and only enlarged and inflamed the spot more! I do have sensitive skin however, I have never had a reaction like this before. I also found that after applying this it made my pimple worse and left a darker scar when it did heal. 
This product was the biggest disappointment out of the three.


I would love to know if you have tried any of these products! 
What other products have disappointed you?
Also, follow me on bloglovin' to keep updated with my latest posts :)


- C



  1. Its a shame you didn't like the mascara, I have the waterproof formula and really like it!

    Lauren| thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a helpful post! Everyone always puts up good reviews, loved yours! Original and helpful!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rani, I am glad you liked it :)
      xx

      Delete
  3. Completely agree with you about the MAC Frost range

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I wonder if they really work on anyone?
      Such a shame :(
      xx

      Delete
  4. Grainy lipstick, that's just weird. I find a lot of MAC lipsticks, while amazing colours, are just really drying on the lips.

    Jess x www.feelingstylish.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the same! People love Mac lipsticks but they dry my lips out :(
      xx

      Delete
  5. I find, the mascara also totally bad. xD
    Lovely greets Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! Interesting that I am not the only one :)
      xx

      Delete
  6. Thank you Anita! Your blog is as well, flawless pictures :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the Rocket Mascara but I've not tried it yet, it's a shame you didn't like it!

    Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have to let me know how you find it :)
      Love your blog by the way,
      xx

      Delete
    2. It's so lovely to see a blog writing about disappointing products - I feel that many bloggers now get influenced by payments etc on certain products and give them the hype they don't need!

      I have a post coming up with some products I don't like and mentioned a while back the most disappointing product for me was the Benefit Porefessional Primer - it didn't do anything for me and I don't know where all the hype came from haha

      Layla xx

      www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much Layla, I really appreciate your comment :)
      I will definitely check that out, I have added you on bloglovin to make sure I don't miss it, haha.
      xx

      Delete
  8. Oh I'm so sad that these products didn't work for you! SO strange to hear that the Rocket Mascara didn't work. So many gurus rave about it!

    Love your blog. :)

    heartoffnowhere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment! I was so disappointed with it :(
      xx

      Delete

Back To Top